
My life is centered around breathing and coughing productively.
I am weak, coughing and feel stupid. Home sick today.
I didn't sleep from coughing and have little tickles in my lungs from the crap that snuck in there after saturdays training ride. yup. I have another bout of Bronchitis to contend with. relapse
Willpower 0 ; Sickness 2 for the final score.
I think the bottom line is that just because you think you KNOW your body doesn't necessarily mean that every time you get sick the same protocol will work. The weather is probably a contributer.
Like this book. Some two guys pedalled to Hawaii. I mean. People are just crazy ok? Some of us just do'nt know when to stop. Though . ..... it might not be a good idea to stop pedalling for these guys.... Actually check this out, the dialogue is FUNNY!!!
sample Dialogue:::
'Guess what?'
‘I can’t. What?’ Jason asks
‘You’re never going to believe this, but…I’ve never spent a night at sea before in my life.’
http://www.gonomad.com/market/0509/pedalling.html
SO. I don't feel so DUMB NOW , huh????
Might I share the wonderful things I surfed up today??
I google'd up Kevlar Gloves and discovered that Police tactical gloves which are made for combat use and holding a weapon, look cleverly designed for cycling. Hmmm. They seem to be well made and reasonably priced and sometimes even cheaper than yuppy biking gloves.
Kevlar outer shell, cool max inner lining,. padded palms, able to withstand punctures but breathable and water resistant, quick drying,. Ergonomically designed palm to resist bunching hwile gripping. 26-40 bucks retail?? damn. I might get some police gloves to ride cyc'X in.
Some even have metal knuckles so I can beat the crap out of anyone that tries to T bone me. heh heh.
http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum5228.php

2 comments:
"pedaling to hawaii" -- might have to check that out. Two guys who decided to go have an adventure.
I love the gloves! Let me know if this works. I bought a pair of cycling gloves for our rainy season (which is all the time) for mega bucks and they don't keep MY hands dry!
Nancy
Post a Comment