June Upshaw's train and race blog

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Cost to build a Velodrome


OK if I win the lotto. I will help to build a Velodrome in Barrington area. It would have to be an indoor one. Make it public, of course. It really doesn't have to be heated though. Just out of the elements is good enough.

This is the one in Australia.



I am daydreaming here. Maybe off Sutton somewhere, near the highway. Wouldnt that be sweet?
We need this. Wow. It would get us nasty cyclists off the road. (haha) well...a few at least. I know I"d workout there a LOT. Look at that. wow.
It has to be open to the public though.
I read that the cost to build this is about 5 million. I thought it would cost a lot more. But then again just raising 300 grand is a challenge. Still . 5 is not bad. I"d give to the cause.

Ok it is ''cheaper'' to bild an outdoor one like at Northbrook. 3 million to build an outdoor one, 5 million to build an indoor one. My figures are according to this article which discusses the costs and is being built presently in Colorado.

http://www.fcvelodrome.org/news/24april06.html
http://fcvelodrome.org/info/index.html
Hmmmm.

No comments: