I am holding my tongue. I just found out about the men's races . I had to leave early with Hank and we left before the men's 1,2 race. Usually we stay around to watch but couldnt this time.
Some one took a dive into Tim and Wayne! totally T bones them. On purpose? I don't know.
I just read Holly, Killjoy's blog and am rather at a loss as to what happened. I do hope that the officials recognize this behavior as being poor sportsmanship and just plain dangerous.
http://killjoy.squarespace.com/blog/month/october-2008 under 'something needs to be said'.
In the end of the comments, we find out that there are two different people involved in two different incidents. It seemed quite the drama! But the crash involving my team mate was due to a racer 'plowing' into the other riders and people being knocked over like domino's. Ridiculous. Totally unnecessary.
June Upshaw's train and race blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hopefully everyone will read the last comments left on that blog as Wayne finally acknowledges Matt did not cause the crash everyone is in an uproar about.
Yeah I read that last comment just now. ((THe comments started using big lawyer words so I skipped down to the last comment.)) Good thing the start photos cleared that up for his sake.
In my opinion, if someone who is winning a race asks you nicely or even firmlly to please get off my wheel...then do so. Its not fair. Its poor sportsmanship and it just totally diminishes the competition of the game by saying "oh I just wanted a workout'. But he's a young person it sounds like he made a mistake for which he is sorry. Two different people were involved in two incidents.
I think the young racer made a mistake in behavior and then a mistake in judgement. There is always a lot of hot emotion after a race which sometimes takes a few hours or even days to cool down. In this case, I think the comments on her blog helped to realize the mistake, discuss it openly and come to a resolution.
As for the other guy that hurt my team mates event and caused a huge pile up, he just sounds like a hot head. Can we let Hank beat him up?
:)
Post a Comment