June Upshaw's train and race blog

Thursday, November 20, 2008

ssshhhh

Ok I am at work sneaking a blog report in. Hank told me no bloggin. Just training. I am being rebellious!!!
I can squeeze a fast report in. :) cuz...I want to. It's really fast and un-editted so I am sorry if it sounds breathless a bit.
Good Golly Holly gave us a spanking on sunday. She won! I got third. My team mate Deb took second but was motivating me to hurry it up ..just in front of me. ha! I messed up my barricade once and just lost my head a moment. That was all it took. I let the gap form and never caught back on. Her plan was to wait for me to come around her so that I could get ahead of her. (for the points series) I just never got up to her . I think she shoulda stopped for coffee and that might have helped me a bit. :) haha.
Hey.... Its cool. Her plan was messed a bit too because the race seemed to end rather fast. (Though not fast enough for me!) The lap sign had been '3 laps to go' and we rode a lap and then it was over that same lap. THe races are run, we start after the cat 3 men. Sometimes they catch us sometimes they don't. When we get lapped by the men's cat 3 then we be done too. (Its to avoid confusion with the lap counter) And that was the lap they lapped us. OVER.

Hmmm. I was rather dragging my ass a bit. Don't know why. OH I know why. heh. yeah. Sand pit. Also... I didn't warm up properly. Someone walked off with my trainer last weekend and I miss it.
:( Its a cheap white one that has a name that starts with an 'M' and its gone. Me bummed. You can't replace cheap stupid stuff like that and I know that I valued it more than whoever took it. Its not worth a bleeding red cent and whoever took it probably chucked it away and will never use it.
It was my FRIEND!!! MY LUCKY TRAINER!

Cry.


OK race. Just the low lights.

There was a barricade about a ...I dont know... placed 40 yards before a big deep sand pit. whew it was a tough run to do. I saw some of the men having success with running the entire thing and I thought that the sand was too deep for me to take a chance on..so I ran the whole thing every lap. It was not a bad idea and at first I was ok with it. But it wore me out eventually. I am NOT a runner... not like that. I ran the KRYPTONITE sand and the deadly trap sapped me of my super powers. ..... no super powers to draw on.
That barricade was a rather cruel joke to an otherwise flat 'full of corners' power course.

BUT..on a lighter less whiney note. The guys are giving me some pep talks and some are REALLY good. You got to admit, sometimes you need a kick in the pants and sometimes you just need someone to remind you that you are there to have fun. plain and pure and simple.
Like Lombardo said, ''Stay positive''!
:)

OK. Positive: I am very very VERY happy with my dismounts.
Somehow by training INSIDE I am learning to clip out faster. Go figure. Just using visual focus and imagery. When I am in- between intervals I 'see' the barricade and practice clipping out. I still wish I could get out more and train just to practice my newer technique. The foot 'pass thru' method is not such a big deal to me anymore and physics is physics, I learned I won't fall at top speed. Its a confidence thing and I am gaining confidence by just working it thru mentally. YOu have to understand, in August when I was training with the guys I couldnt even clip in and out. I was that scared. SO this is a big deal for me. :)
I just need to get my timing better and my remounts better. I might be able to lessen the run time a bit this weekend too by trying to ride more of that sand pit. Well. We shall see.

YOu guys all have a great weekend and a super thanksgiving!
Hope your training is going well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

June- you left the trainer at St. Charles and I gave it to Tim. Did you get it from him?

JuneBug said...

I love the biking community!!!!!

I got some emails from friends that said they thought they saw my trainer. Thank you Holly!
:) I am so happy.

Anonymous said...

Yep - Still in my trunk... You better get it this weekend June or we will donate it to the race series!
See Ya Sunday..