
Hank got my frame done for TT-ing. I am really happy with it. We cannibalized the parts from other bikes and I bought a new derailer on ebay.
The frame is a Javelin Arcole . ( I am going to snap a pic of it later, its gorgeous) It is amazing how much faster I can get on the same power just with all the aero stuff. I know I know...DOH that is what getting all aero is about. I just read Druber's report on all that aero stuff and watt buying. It is truly funny. Especially because I am always trying to meager more watts. http://www.truesport.com/Bike/2007/articles/druber/druber15.html
I waited 3 years to get my own TT bike. This is it.
I am especially proud that this company is local so I feel I am helping the local economy.... like a good piggy capitalist should. :)
Well. I 'need' a disc wheel now and am on the hunt. I have nothing left to spend on anything fancy.
So. I asked Hank. What are the wheels that people most droooled over?
He said probably Lightweight. I asked if they ever sponsored anyone and he said not to his recollection. He then told me that atheletes, even Ulrich, had to buy their own set. hmmm. It made me wonder, if Lightweight does not sponsor atheletes, if this is true, then all those atheletes actually paid for these wheels???
wow. Of course I do immediately believe they must be worth it if big time pro's are paying the bucks to race on them. (Is this a form of clever marketting?))
THey are EXpen$ive!!!!
They are all hand made. Hard to get. REALLY pretty. totally laminated and ...well...very very light and aerodynamic. The more I look at the website the more I am covetting these wheels. damn it. I think I am in love. I get all tingly looking at them. Do you feel it? do you?
yeah.
me too.
Their disc is meant for hilly courses. oooooh. nice.
• Click here to read more about Lightweight Wheels•the prices? OUCH!
Alpe D' Huez Pair $5,500.00•
Obermayer Pair $5,500.00•
Ventoux Tune Pair $5,200.00•
Ventoux Standard Pair $4,100.00•
Lightweight Standard Pair $3,500.00•
Lightweight Standard Front $1,600.00•
Lightweight Standard Rear $1,900.00 •
Disk Wheel $2,000.00 • Shimano or
Campagnolo Brake Pads $70.00

Here is an image of their funky carbon bike. Its really cool looking. I mostly like how sloping the top tube is. haha! Have to go to some yoga classes to fit on this. I wonder who races on this.
I'd probably keep losing my water bottles, forgetting there is no down tube! .....wooooopsies there goes another water bottle. Damn it!
But that is a good image of one of their wheel set ups.
Well. This is too much money for me. I am going to probably just get a used Zipp on ebay. I know. I know. But hey. Zipp is fine. Zipp. Zipp is a damn good solid carbon wheel dammit.
I like ZIPP! I'd be proud to be on a zipp.
yeah.
I'm going to go to the lightweight site just one more time.
http://www.carbonsports.it/LW_Scheibenrad.lasso

3 comments:
posh. can't wait to see the pic of the complete set up.
Posh is right, Lightweight wheels..race only wheels. Even Zipp is pretty high end, but at least your shop can fix them.
Everyone I know is getting by on Renns, and I just make my own.
Aero is really important, but beware the cycling industries hype.
DG
I looked those up. Those seem really nice. Renn. and AFFORDABLE!
Post a Comment