June Upshaw's train and race blog

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Green Cyclists



World Naked Bike Ride (WNBR) was celebrated in many cities around the world. This happened in mid June but I must have missed it. durn. GOSH.
Some ride naked to show us that we are vulnerable when we ride our bikes with cars. I think some are just there cause they want to ride around naked in front of people. Well. anyway this seems to be an annual event so. wow. maybe next year, huh?
'' This event was created to promote cycling as a real alternative to cars. As they claim "shifting on a carfree lifestyle is one of the most powerful things a person can do to make a real difference in reducing negative environmental impacts on this planet".
the main web page is here you ahve to cut and paste it...... I can't get my links to work or I am missing something to make that happen. ..
http://www.worldnakedbikeride.org

there is even a video! more european naked people on bikes! haha!http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/ukfs_news/hi/newsid_5060000/newsid_5068400/bb_rm_5068476.stm

No comments: