June Upshaw's train and race blog

Friday, December 21, 2007

Almost Christmas!

well. I am here, healthy at last and riding my bike on the trainer. Hank has been taking me out snow shoeing. I used to enjoy tromping thru the woods in the thick stuff. (avoiding the ski tracks!) Hank comes along and makes me run. The whole way.
So I ran in my snow shoes. MAN that is HARD! I made it 30 minutes then off and on for an hour and a half total. I had to rest more and more but I found if I shortened my steps a lot it helped. My hip flexors are so sore. Tuesday I was so sore I could hardly move.
GOOD STUFF!
I hope the snow stays so we can play again this weekend. Well if not then I guess its back on the trainer.


If you are a woman, then you probably got all your shopping done for christmas (except anyone that was doing Nationals..they gets a free pass on being timely for christmas). Guys...well..you usually wait till the last minute, right? Zappos does over nite shipping for FREE so you still can go to Zappos and get clothes or shoes. (how do they do that?) haha.
But there are few bargains on that site. Free return shipping.

Check out the Nike store. Things are ON sale ....you might find something for yourself at this point. If you want something cool for yourself, click on woman's apparel it has a warm hat with headphones IN the hat. I have not seen that before. For running of course. It does not seem to be on sale though. NO clue how to wash it. Oh.. The men's is sold out but they have sporty hats with headphones with team emblems.
Ours is cooler. : )
But hey...If you have a small pin head you can fit in the woman's just fine. :)
click on http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml?l=nikestore,home#l=nikestore,grid,_grid,f-10001+12004&re=US&co=US&la=EN

My particular favorite on NIke was the PARACHUTE!!!!!!!! Can we get this for the bike. I mean I have always always wanted this. haha. Maybe it will work to slow Hank down...ok probably better for running.
http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml?l=nikestore,home#l=nikestore,grid,_pdp,cid-1/gid-154380/pid-154380,_grid,f-10001+12003/pn-3&re=US&co=US&la=EN



OH...I got this image from a runnign store that had other neat things to make you stronger. Cool stuff!!
http://fastnationdirect.com/resistance_training.html



Course if I got the EXTRA LARGE parachute...this would probably happen to ME.....








NIke is fun. Usually can find good stuff but kinda pricey so a sale is nice for a change. If your order goes over $175 on Nike you get free shipping. MAKE CERTAIN AT THAT POINT TO ORDER at least FIVE Medicine BALLS!!!!!!!! haha. I am so evil.

Hmmm. actually I think I can go to sports authority and get Hank a medicine ball. THAT would be nice. but then he probably is reading this so he wo'nt be surprised. It would be fun to wrap, though.

Ooooh sports authority.... I really want inversion shoes to hang on the high bar of the weight rack. But every year I put that off and don't get them. I am afraid I'll be home sick one day and play on them and get stuck. I wonder if anyone has gotten stuck in their inversion shoes for real and hung there till their head exploded from all the blood pooling up.
But maybe it will make me taller. Hmmmmmm No.....never mind. Look at these men just hanging there.......oooh do'nt you just want to go up and TICKLE THEM???? TICKLE..TICKLE..TICKLE


NIX on the inversion shoe's. maybe next year.

Have a Merry Christmas!!!!!

Kiss your family! Hug your buds and think about ONE good thing in your life you are grateful for. RIGHT NOW!

last image was from this site: http://www.ihpra.org/Inversion%20Exercises.htm has some inversion excersizes in case you are into that. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not all guys wait until the last minute to go Christmas shopping. Although, I did hear two men in the elevator this past week bragging about waiting until Monday to do their shopping. Geez!

Happy holidays!