June Upshaw's train and race blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Deadly bug!!!!!

Virus Starts Like a Cold But Can Turn Into a KILLER!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/10/AR2007121001630_pf.html scary , huh!?
I really think I had this. I swear I had this!!!!

"This virus has the capability of causing severe respiratory illness in people of all ages, regardless of their medical condition," said John Su, a disease investigator for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention based in Texas, where the largest outbreak is tapering off at an Air Force base after 10 months. Other outbreaks have been reported in Washington state and South Carolina, along with a single case in an infant in New York City.
"What people need to understand is that there is a virus out there that can make you very, very sick," Su said. "If you have a bad cold and your symptoms keep getting worse, go see your doctor. This is nothing to be necessarily alarmed about. But it is important to be aware that this bug is out there."


HEY..... You CAN get a vaccination for pneumonia. If this story freaks you out a bit you can ask your doctor about it. This has been a really bad cold and flu season for some people , not just me! Its a battle!!

No comments: