

THe men's 40+ at Hales Corner in Wisconsin had Tim in a comfortable lead during most of the race . He said that he got a bit complacent trying to just 'not crash' and rode a steady but careful race in order to win. He was just concentrating on having a clean ride IN THE RAIN...the FREEZING COLD RAIN....when a guy caught him and passed him. Here are some pictures. (You got to click on the site to see them which redirects you off my blog) http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=692961 in picture 6, Tim's face is gritted with ferocity as he barrels after the 'one that got away'. This is just before the finish line. You can see that out of 9 pictures only 3 show them actually riding a bike. HA!!!
2nd - TIM!
6th - Wayne
7th - Lombardo
Brian did the 30+ and got 6th. Great Job!!! Team Verdigris did VERY well at the Wisconsin State Championships.
I looked in the mirror and decided. " GIRL...you are a 'CYCLO-CROSS POSER'." I am missing out by avoiding the foul weather races. Granted though, I have been SICK so much the past few months that the thought of pushing myself thru freezing rain just sounds duncey....
This is probably a right of passage for any new cyclo crosser. If you can't get out and race in snow and ice then you can't really call yourself a cyclo cross racer. It has little to do with winning and everything to do with showing up and DOING it. Here is a list I compiled of what I think are the 'cyclo cross rites of passage'.... (once you get past the barricades, little ditches, slickery asphalt, sand traps, hill run ups and fast leafy corners and MYSTERY BRUISES ...) These are the things I know I must do to be a 'real' cyclo crosser. Until then...yup. I"m just a WANNABE.
1) mud.
2) deeper slicky or creek-like mud
3) cold ( I done this if you count 35 degrees)
4) snow and mud and cold
5) ice and snow and frigid 'freeze your snot to your face' cold
www.pedalpushersonline.com/?CID=966 shows some frigid conditions. Nice
blog!
16 more weeks till Road Race season!!! :)

2 comments:
i think i've done those. :)
No one would ever accuse you, Sydney , of being a cyclocross poser!! :) ha!
Post a Comment